Welcome to the California Information Security Office!
The California Information Security Office is the primary state government authority in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of state systems and applications, and ensuring the protection of state information.
Our office represents California to the federal, state, and local government entities, higher education, private industry, and others on security-related matters. We are committed to securing the State's information assets to build and maintain the trust of Californians.
- What's New
- Download the CDT Cyber Security Awareness Month Toolkit Packet
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring October Cyber Security Awareness Month
- California Information Security Office Alerts
- TL 15-03 Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM) (pdf)
- Nationwide Cyber Security Review Self-Assessment Reporting Tool (MS-ISAC)
- Disaster Recovery: Government At Risk: Protecting Your IT Infrastructure (thanks to NASCIO)
- Disaster Recovery: Jones Tract (.wmv) (thanks to Department of Water Resources)
- Disaster Recovery: Levee Failure (.wmv) (thanks to Department of Water Resources)
Information Security Alerts
Cyber Threat Level
- California Government Operations Agency
- California Department of Technology
- California Highway Patrol
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- California Office of Health Information Integrity
- California Department of Justice, Privacy Enforcement and Protection Unit